The Communications Specialist will work closely with the Marketing Director, Americas to conceptualize, plan and implement external communications for the Americas region. This will include developing effective campaigns for communicating key business messages to distributors, customers and internal stakeholders, developing social media content as well as assisting the Group function with SEO and CSR. The jobholder will also be solely responsible for drafting and executing the content for the above work streams.
The Communications Specialist will be responsible for communicating mainly in the Americas region which covers a broad range of cultures speaking in Spanish, English and Portuguese.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Marketing Director, Americas to develop and implement a robust communications strategy for the Americas region.
- Identify core target audiences and segments, devising both campaign, (business as usual) BAU and event driven messaging.
- Create campaigns – agreeing objectives and calls to action, writing content for the web and EDMs, sending content through EDM software and monitoring performance and reporting.
- Create a brand-supporting, positive impression of the business, re-enforcing customers’/distributors’/influencers’ choice of Now Health International/Best Doctors Insurance as their international health insurance provider.
Social Media (SoMe) & Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) content:
- Develop a content strategy to complement/supplement the existing SoMe campaign strategy in line with communications campaign objectives.
- Create campaign ideas, competitions, multi-media content to support campaign objectives.
- Monitor and report on campaign effectiveness.
- Assist the Group Digital Marketing Manager (Hong Kong) with content to support the SEO function of the business.
Public Relations (PR):
- Assist the Senior Corporate Communications Manager (Hong Kong) in the development of the Americas PR strategy.
- Build a network of B2B and B2C journalists within the Americas where possible.
- Build journalist relationships in order to become a contributor, commentator and thought leader within international health insurance.
- Deliver/amplify regular press coverage across the Americas..
- Identify key industry awards, prepare submissions with the target of winning 2-3 accolades per year.
- Monitor PR activity and report on a monthly basis.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR):
- Assist the Senior Corporate Communications Manager (Hong Kong) in the development of the global CSR strategy
- Research and source possible charities in the Americas.
- Work with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager (Hong Kong) to create CSR campaign activities that drive customer/staff engagement, including charitable acts, fundraising, community events etc.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in a relevant disciple, preferably with a post-grad in communications
- Five years’ experience in a communication, marketing or journalist role, where writing has been a core part of the role
- A passion for writing campaign copy and articles
- Good working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering objectives
- Analytical and detail-conscious with the ability to interpret information, news, data and research quickly – and distil the most important/relevant information for intelligent strategic development.
- Numerate and literate with the ability to produce top quality written reports.
- Fully Bilingual in Spanish and English, Portuguese a major plus
- Passionate about writing, with a strong and adaptable style, suitable for different target audiences.
- Knowledgeable about social media and SEO, with a thirst for digital knowledge and a significant interest in new platforms and channels.
- Proactive and highly organised, with strong time management and planning skills; able to successfully manage multiple projects in a deadline driven environment and remain calm under pressure.
- Credible, confident and articulate, with good communication and presentation skills.
- Innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving.
- Self-starter with a positive outlook
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Good at absorbing large amounts of information, with a genuine hunger for learning and continuous knowledge development.
- Must be willing to travel
- Optional – Good MS PowerPoint or Keynote design skills