Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Miami, FL
Reports To: Jessica Gonzalez, Controller
The Senior Accountant will have extensive knowledge and experience in accounting and procedures utilizing GAAP principles. This individual will report to the Controller and interact with individuals at all levels. The individual will possess a high degree of professionalism and be able to administer effective communication skills both written and verbal. Must have exceptional organizational and time management skills and be detail oriented while maintaining the ability to grasp the overall perspective. Must possess the ability to associate financial statement impact of operational and business activities and be able to identify, design and implement internal controls when applicable.
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for providing general accounting functions for the corporation including general ledger analysis, monthly closings, financial statement preparation, consolidations, budget review, financial modeling, journal entries, account reconciliations and accruals.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Month end close including account analyses, journal entry preparation, financial statement preparation. Intercompany and branch accounting.
- Account and transaction review to assure accounting treatment is in accordance with GAAP.
- Analysis and review of company expenditures, proper allocation of expenses, and budget analysis. Sales commissions, fixed assets, prepaid assets, liability accruals, bank reconciliations.
- Review subsidiary financial statements and supporting documentation to ensure compliance, propriety and consolidation
- Implement and monitor Internal Controls
- Actively Participate in the Internal and External Audit process
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- 5+ years in accounting
- Team player with a positive attitude towards contributing and learning.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the areas of month end close, journal entries, financial reporting, bank account activities, account analysis
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and deadline driven.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
OTHER DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS (NOT REQUIRED):
- Knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with Great Plains software
- Knowledge of the Healthcare Industry
- Experience in Multinational Entities
- Experience with Consolidation and Intercompany Transactions